Tortilla Recipe for Leftovers
Tortilla’s (also known as Spanish omelettes) are one of our family favourites!
The best thing is that you can incorporate any leftovers that you need to use up – simply add any extra leftovers at step 3 of the recipe.
- 8 Eggs
- Cold Boiled Potatoes (sliced) (Ideally a firm potato like Stemster, but other varieties work well too)
- 1 Onion
- Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil (Rape seed oil works well)
- Cheese (I love to grate Cheddar on top but the choice is yours!)
- Dice the onions and add to a pan with a little oil. Fry the onions until they turn golden and go soft.
- Slice the red pepper into small chucks and add to the pan, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add your sliced potatoes, ensuring they are evenly spread throughout the pan. Add any leftover vegetables you fancy, just make sure your vegetables are thinly sliced.
- Turn the pan to a medium heat. Leave the potatoes and veg to heat through.
- Crack your eggs into a jug and whisk together. Season to taste. (Please note if you add additional vegetables you may need an extra egg or two)
- Pour your eggs into the pan, ensuring the mixture seeps between and under the potato mixture and if possible covers the top with a very thin layer.
- Grate a layer of cheese on top.
- Leave the egg to cook for approximately 6 minutes, use a spatula to gently lift the sides of the Tortilla to ensure its cooked underneath.
- Once happy with the bottom, take your pan and place it under the grill on a high heat for a further 3-5 minutes until the tortilla is fully cooked and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Use a Pizza cutter rather than a knife to cut your Tortilla as it will give you a lovely neat side to each slice.
- Add additional flavour by adding some herbs to your egg mixture or try sprinkling the top with fresh chives!
No comments yet.